Thursday, May 15, 2008

God is helping me!

I was able to fast today, and I don't mind mentioning it, because, although I asked God to help me with my fast, I am not doing it for completely spiritual reasons. Since I began this year that I've dedicated to losing 100 lbs., I have studied a really good book on fasting, God's Chosen Fast. It was given to me by good friends who lived on Andrews AFB when we were stationed on Bolling. I've noticed that book several times over the years, and, even though I have fasted, I never read the book until this year. According to the author and the scriptures, there are many reasons for fasting: health reasons (it is really very good for your health and healing, to draw closer to God, to petition God, as a group a fast for deliverance for a nation, a church, a people etc., for revelation, for personal sanctity, to change God's mind, and to buffet the body. This time I am doing it for health reasons and to buffet my body--because I've been doing the bad kind of buffetting.

Conner is feeling a little better today, but he didn't sleep much all day long. I'm used to him taking a long morning nap and a short afternoon nap. I took care of him a little longer today, because Cam picked him up instead of me driving him home. He got sleepy right before she got home! I still got a lot done, in between picking Conner up and putting him back on his quilt where his toys are, putting him in and out of his bouncy chair, rocking him, trying him in his crib, where all he did was play with his feet and hands and throwing his pacifier out of his crib! I think I burned a lot of calories taking care of Little Man today. While I was carrying him upstairs, he decided to turn upside down so that he could see the light in the foyer as we walked up the stairs! Luckily I had a good hold on him, but I don't think I can carry anything else up the stairs when I am carrying Conner.

My future daughter in law, Elise, graduated formally today. She actually graduated in January, but her ceremony was today. Don took off work to go to her graduation.
She has a history degree and will eventually teach high school history, I think. Right now she is working as an accountant.

Hubby Don's twin brother, Ron, and his family are coming through tomorrow night. Chris, our oldest, is playing in a concert at Bull Run Park, and then everyone is coming to our house for Mexican food, that I am preparing.I am looking forward to getting together with my family, because we were away on Mother's Day, and we haven't all been together in a long time.

I'll be blogging daily from now on....as I work on losing the other 78 lbs. that I am determined to lose this year. Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: