Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yesterday's blog--Grace and Lisa

Yesterday I was having a sad day. I like ironing when I am sad--there is something soothing in smoothing out the wrinkles of my husband's shirts when I can't smooth out the wrinkles in my life. I decided to call Grace when I was ironing and found out she may not be living near me much longer. That's all it took to make me cry. Luckily Little Man was busy bouncing his bouncy seat and didn't pay any attention to Grandma's tears. Why do I always feel guilty when someone moves out of my life? I think of all the times I was too preoccupied in my own life to get together with Grace...and now I may not have the opportunity much longer. Grace is one of the most creative and intelligent person I have ever known who also possesses a great humility. Most people with her skills, knowledge and beautiful home might be a little proud, but not Grace. She is hospitable, kind, and she is interested in the lives and marriages of others. I love that about her and Roland. She is a great wife, mother and friend. I will miss her and Roland.

I worked every moment yesterday when I wasn't taking care of Conner. Lisa rode with me as I took Conner home, and then she called me last night to see if I wanted to go help her clean offices, which is her part time job. I've been looking for ways to earn extra money, and I always have fun with Lisa, so I went to clean with Lisa last night after I washed up our dinner dishes. Don gave me his blessing, because I was in my processing mode, and all he really wanted to do was click through the channels with his new giant remote that our son gave him for his birthday and maybe play wii....basically not process with me. Lisa and I had fun, and we got a lot of cleaning done really fast. She said that it usually takes longer with a new person, but we finished ontime, and I vacuumed more offices than I needed to vacuum. It was an hour's worth of work, and I made $30--not bad. I actually like cleaning, and as you can see it burns a LOT of calories. Today I hope to do some writing.

No comments: