Friday, May 25, 2007

What a Whirlwind!

It's been so long since I have blogged that I don't know where to start. I guess I'll start where I left off. Actually, 2 days after my last entry, I flew to Oklahoma to be with my dad. He passed away October 7th. Don, my husband, flew out for the funeral, and we both participated. I have never been with anyone at death before. I was with my dad. This I know....life is eternal. I still feel my dad's presence, but when his soul left his body, he was no longer present! I know he is with God!

Another monumental thing happened. While I was away with my dad, a really dear sister/friend at our church was diagnosed with ALL leukemia! She went to be with God Dec. 11th. Sarah left behind her four dear children: Hannah, 8, Noah 6, Jonah, 4 and Rachel, 2 and her wonderful husband, Scott! It was heartbreaking and inspiring as well.

Bob Roth and Rhonda are still fighting their cancer. Bob actually is in remission and receiving his second bone marrow transplant. Rhonda just had a second surgery for cancer of the colon.
Pray for both of them. Also, Keith Jones, a usually healthy man, came down with a bacterial infection of the heart that caused a blood clot to his brain and damaged two valves in his heart. He had to have both heart and brain surgery! And our brother, Jerry Belknap, has had two knee surgeries and currently has an infection and has been fighting an arrythmia of his heart.
And our little Lauren Schwamb continues to deal with heart defects and life threatening problems! Pray for her, as well.

Now for some awesome news! Our oldest son, Chris and his wife Cameron are having their first child, and the first grandchild on both sides of the family, our grandson Conner Steven....for Cam's grandfather who died in December and my Dad, Steve, who died October 7th. "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away!" Also, I have quit my job at Stepping Stones preschool, and I am staying home with our new little one! I have been taking art lessons, and my plan is to write and illustrate my children's books. Today was my last day at preschool, and it was a happy/sad day. I am ready for a new chapter in my life.....Thank you, God! You are loving and give good and perfect gifts.

No comments: