Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Walking and stuff

I walked 2.5 miles to my art class this morning at 8:30 and then back home at 12:30---in the HEAT, but I feel great to be able to walk 5 miles again! I am so glad to have both of my knee replacements done, but I know I need to work on stretching my knees everyday again. I got out of the habit over the winter, and I'm stiff.

I finished the portrait I was working on, and I think my Afghani girl is beautiful--my art teacher is putting her in an art show this weekend. I can't wait to get working on my next project. I love my art classes!

I'm excited to be finished teaching for the summer, and not as sad as I thought I would be to be finished teaching preschool for the forseeable future! I think that is because I am so happy that I will be able to take care of Conner Steven Harrington, my first grandchild! He's another reason I really want to get into shape--to keep up with him! I am excited and so very thankful.

The other reason is for Don. He's so happy to have me back home again. It's the way our life together used to be when I was home taking care of our boys. I like seeing him happy like that, and I'm happy too.

Another reason I am happy to be home again is that I met another stay at home Grandma who lives right down the street from me. She doesn't speak English, and I'm an ESL teacher...a match made in Heaven. I do speak a little Spanish, and she and I are going to take walks together with our babies.

Anyone reading, please pray for my friends: Jerry Belknap, Bob Roth, Rhonda Krawczyk,
Judith and Jerry Bridges and their twin boys, Cindy Jeter and baby Lauren Schwamb. All of them have health challanges, and a few of them have life threatening health challenges.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: