Saturday, September 30, 2006

JerrisBlog

JerrisBlogIt was a week full of ups and downs, not to mention shocks! The best thing was that Claire Vasse, the French au pair Don and I have been studying the Bible with and who has become a great friend to us, was baptized Sunday night. We were so thrilled, and she was treated so warmly by the small group that meets at the building! Sat. night before the Sun. she was baptized, Claire joined us to honor Marie Henderson's little baby, Andrew. Then she went with us over to Chris and Cameron's new house. Monday night we studied with Claire, and then the elders prayed with me about my knee problem. Tuesday was the shocking day! We found out our dear brother in Christ, Bob Roth, has mylenoma in his hip! At first the prognosis was terrible, but it has improved to the point that they think he only has it in one location, and will have a partial hip replacement to remove all of the cancer. After that, he will have both radiation and chemotherapy. Bob and his wife Tresa, have 5 young children, and most of us went straight to denial when we heard the news.
A couple of weeks ago our sweet sister, Rhonda Krawczyk, was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. We had a prayer devotional for Bob and Rhonda Wednesday night.

Then, last night, my mom told me they are talking to her about hospice for my dad. He is not able to eat, and dialysis isn't working on him anymore.
Mom said she thinks he may be dying. I told her I would come down after my last physical therapy session, and she said she didn't think dad would be alive by then. I really don't know what to do. I am praying about it. Don doesn't want me to go down there alone....and not before my therapy is over.
I am praying for clarity. It's not a clear situation there. Pray for me, anyone who is reading this.....especially pray for Bob and Rhonda.

No comments: