Saturday, October 03, 2009

Pad Thai....Weight Watchers-Comfort Classics

This morning I went back to Weight Watchers, and I was really surprised that I weighed the same as I did two weeks ago. So I've lost most of what I gained on steroids. I decided to start cooking my way through the Weight Watchers cookbooks, and since it's fall and that's comfort food season, I'm starting in Weight Watchers' Comfort Classics cookbook.

Chicken Pad Thai
Prep 15 min. Cook 15 min. Serves 4

6 oz rice noodles 1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup ketchup 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
1 tbs. sugar 4 scallions cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 tbs Asian fish sauce 2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce 2 tablespoons finely chopped peanuts
2 teaspoons Asian dark sesame oil

Changes I made: I wish I would have shredded the chicken...I minced it.
I didn't have any peanuts, so I substitued 2 tbs. chunky peanut
butter.
Someone used my scallions, so I chopped up half an onion.

1. Cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water and drain.
2. Meanwhile, stir the ketchup, sugar, fish sauce, and chili garlic sauce together in a small bowl until blended.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Ad the egg and cook, stirring occasionally, until set, 2 min. and transfer to a bowl.
4. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in the skillet. Add the chicken,scallions, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the scallions begin to soften..2-33 min. Add the noodles and cook until heated through. `-2 min. Stir in the ketchup mixture and the egg and cook, tossing until heated through, 1 minute. Divide among 4 plates and sprinkle evenly with the peanuts. 7 points

I have only had real Pad Thai once, and this tasted just as good to me! I mixed the peanut butter into the tossed noodles with sauce and cooked everything together.
It was filling and well worth the 30 minutes it took to prepare. I hope you enjoy making this. (It is 7 points for a 1 and 1/4 cup serving) Hubby liked it, so tomorrow night I am repeating Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken with Sage Gravy from the Comfort Classics book, too.

For exercise this week, I am running and doing water aerobics in the pool 3 days and walking 3 days. I am doing yoga most days and doing strengthening exercises 2-3 days.

No comments: